Thursday, February 7, 2008

Silence is Golden



The last few weeks have been hectic, which you might have been able to deduce from the lack of anything here. Its late, and I need to go to bed, but I finally finished and uploaded a video about Tokyo's version of the "Global Day of Action" on January 26th.

Alex Dimita (none other!) who I met on the 3rd day of university while waiting in line is in Tokyo. We're gonna hang out tomorrow, which is also the day of my early morning class at universal music. The morning is crammed to the gills on the train. True to the urban legends, it really does happen, but only at peak (5-10am, 5-8pm, 11-1am) hours. The other day I decided to wait and not get on the train about to pull away so I could be first in line and get a seat for the next one, but a lot of people didnt share my idea. They clown car-ed it with these epic backwards bodychecks, one after another; my intuitive reasoning kept telling me each one would be the last, but there is no last until half a leg and a briefcase is sticking out the doors. Tomorrow Im gonna teach 'toss your salad' 'tromboning' and 'snowballing' with alternative definitions...it may sound crass and maybe even funny, but its just sad - anything to get through another day.

Here's a picture with snow which is a rare sight in these parts.

And here's the video:



I made it for Japan Indy Media but found it easier to put it on YouTube.

---oyasumi

No comments: