Monday, December 3, 2007

Everywhere I go I see Yoko Ono


About 50/50 I saw Yoko Ono today.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Mori Art Gallery with a staff member named Chelsea from one of my schools, and her husband Jared who I havent met but she is sure we will get along fantastically because we both like the Cornerstone in Guelph. As for Chelsea, she likes me because I apparently "dont care about fashion", which I guess is refreshing in a town where every other person is dressed to the nines. I like Chelsea for her refreshing candor!

Last night I went to a party and met the Moist Towellettes, a band made of 2 Canadian guys and 2 Japanese women who had met in Toronto a few years ago. For my joy and sadness, they called out the streets they lived on and places they drank. "Dufferin Street!"

That said, I'm not as nostalgic for the streets and rivers I love back home as some people here, I guess because I know I'll be back someday and it will all be very real to me again. What is terribly missed is the food i cannot properly get here, pizza, and cheese, and hummus, and, y'know, all the people I cant get here, like YOU for instance. But I do have Yoko Ono, maybe.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Daniel G, you glorious son of a bitch.

I wander down those streets we used to frequent late at night, singing songs we used to sing and screaming your name into the black night. Neighborhood cats take up my call and moan with me, waking up the sleeping people in houses who turn on their lights and yell at me from bedroom windows to shut up. Their pleads go unheeded as I stumble on, with or without youuuuu ahhhh ahhhhhhhhh.