Monday, November 19, 2007

G_D


About 4 years ago I read The Brothers Karamazov mostly while sitting in a front cab between my dad & my boss to and from the rich man's property we worked on, struggling to grasp the themes hidden beneath the trying epic speeches of all the characters in the heat of the summer, the smudged dirt on the pages, and my dad and my boss talking over me about quality chainsaws at discount prices. But I finished the book and always really liked but was never clear about the ending where, after really explicitly and logically dismantling established morality, he ends his book with this hazy ambigious morality (and maybe that;s because The Brothers Karmazov was only part 1 of a larger work called The Life of the Great Sinner that would have made War & Peace look like the Baghavad Gita, had Dostoevsky's not died before writing it) where Alyosha tells these children to love each other. And its simple and not clear at all what it means, but at times like today when I went jogging, and these 6 year olds in their sailor school uniforms start racing me while they're laughing like crazy, I know exactly what he was talking about.

Also, because of all these Brits I know, I've found out about a lot of good British entertainment, like Louis Thereux. He's doing exactly what I would love to do: travelling the world, immersing himself into some very strange subcultures, and wearing nice shirts. I think his show is excellent.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=iucZQj5C1z4

And finally, a little song to go running to

http://www.zshare.net/download/500463875efcce/

1 comment:

BIFF said...

you write good. i dig your syntax man.