Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Sunday's on your Monday (Tuesday)


So today I went to Ueno Park, which I couldnt help compare to Central Park, a giant swath of trees and baseball diamond and lake and museums right in the mix of the city. I was agitated the whole subway ride there because I had gotten up so late and so was not making the most of my day off. But once I arrived, I quickly joined into the care free wandering air of the place, and wandered as I do, finding shrines and ducks and museums with Egyptian statues 3500 years old & Japanese swords from the 6th century CE. The mood of the park was striking, as more often than not, Tokyo can be stressful just looking at it and all the people working. The speed that this guy stacked the coke machine in my building was outrageous, as was the mailman who knocked on my door at 8am last Friday, and when I answered, literally pushed the letter into my instinctively shielding arms and ran away (and literally shit his pants). So the park (koen) was really awesome, and enhanced by the very simple & important fact that I was paid yesterday, which means that I can relax a bit about money, loosen the belt, and join spontaneous karoke nights instead of sitting at home with tea. I even bought slippers today. So that was today, but how is everything lately, you mean to ask? Next time I will have a funny story or something HONEST. I worked this week and, while stressing out quite often, achieved a trance-like state during my last shift, and all the (realized) unneeded stress completely melted away. Yesterday some New Zealanders & I played 'Guess the plot of this Korean Soap Opera', and Sunday I went to a quiz night for Oxfam in Brooklyn (Shimakitazawa) with some people from work which was great. And I learned that in Canada anal sex between consenting adults is legal only with 2 people present, and in Japan, anal sex is not considered adultery. But I forgot everything I learned in the museum today.

Love,
Daniel

No comments: